When: Sunday @ 1 PM
Where: TIAA Bank Field, Jacksonville
Weather: Sunny & 65, winds light, 10% chance of rain
TV: CBS Kevin Harlan, Rich Gannon, Steve Tasker
Line: Jacksonville -7.5 O/U 36 points
The Washington Redskins travel to Jacksonville to face the Jags. Kickoff is scheduled for 1 p.m. ET.
Sunday’s game between the Redskins and the Jaguars will be the seventh meeting between the two franchises since the Jaguars’ inception in 1995. The Redskins are 5-1 all-time against the Jaguars.
LEADER: Redskins lead all-time series, 5-1
STREAKS: Redskins have won past 3
LAST GAME: 9/14/14: Jaguars 10 at Redskins 41
LAST GAME AT SITE: 12/26/10: Redskins 20, Jaguars 17 (OT)
The footprint for Redskins games continues to shrink, limited to the Mid-Atlantic and Jacksonville metro (Green on map). The Jags-Skins will inexplicably also be shown in North Texas, but its up against the Cowboys @ Colts on FOX. We get Tampa @ Baltimore on FOX, with New England @ Pittsburgh the national game @ 4 PM on CBS. Also, don’t forget Saturday games this weekend an d next, including Skins @ Tennessee on Saturday 12/22.
Map Courtesy @506sports
Saturday Afternoon: Houston @ NY Jets (4:30 PM ET, NFL Network)
Saturday Night: Cleveland @ Denver (8:00 PM ET, NFL Network)
Sunday Night: Philadelphia @ LA Rams (NBC)
Monday Night: New Orleans @ Carolina (ESPN)
GAME 14 OPPONENT
The Jacksonville Jaguars enter the game having lost eight of their last nine games after starting the season 3-1. Head Coach Doug Marron in his second full season with the team and is 15-16 in his tenure in Jacksonville. Marron also owns a career mark of 30-33 as a head coach.
The quarterback position has experienced a lot of turnover, with Blake Bortles and Cody Kessler rotating throughout the year. Bortles entered the season as the starter, but has struggled, going 223-for-369 for 2,572 yards, 13 touchdowns and 10 interceptions in 11 games. Kessler is 64-for-97 for 546 yards, two touchdowns and one interception in three games.
Running back T.J. Yeldon has stepped up on offense to fill in for running back Leonard Fournette for seven games this year. Yeldon leads the team with 890 yards from scrimmage, as well a team high in rushing yards with 408. Yeldon also has tallied five touchdowns combined this season. Fournette has been effective when he’s played, with 350 yards rushing and four touchdowns, while also tallying 139 yards and a touchdown receiving in six games.
Wide receiver Dede Westbrook has been the most effective receiver on the team, registering 641 yards on 53 receptions and recording a team high five receiving touchdowns. Donte Moncrief has provided a one-two punch with Westbrook, notching 42 receptions for 604 yards and three touchdowns this year.
The Jaguars defense has been one of the bright spots of the team so far and proven to be a challenging force. Up front, defensive ends Calais Campbell and Yannick Ngakoue have feasted on opposing quarterbacks, with seven sacks each and a combined 25 tackles for loss. Campbell has also recorded 55 tackles (39 solo) and two passes defensed, while Ngakoue has 19 tackles a team high 25 quarterback hits.
Cornerback Jalen Ramsey has maintained his status as one of the top defensive backs in the NFL. Ramsey has 53 tackles (50 solo), three interceptions and 10 passes defensed this season. The Jaguars defense has tallied 10 interceptions combined and cornerback A.J. Bouye has been a strong pairing with Ramsey, notching 49 tackles (42 solo), eight passes defensed and an interception.
Kicker Josh Lambo is 19-for-21 from field goal range this season, including a career long of 57 yards. Lambo now owns a career field goal percentage of 85.7% over his four year NFL career.
WHAT THEY’RE SAYING
WATCH LIVE: HC Jay Gruden and DC Greg Manusky speak to the media following practice Thursday. https://t.co/YsgWv9Rzfo
— Washington Redskins (@Redskins) December 13, 2018
WATCH LIVE: QB Josh Johnson speak to the media following practice Wednesday. https://t.co/a2g5AkM38c
— Washington Redskins (@Redskins) December 12, 2018
Head Coach Doug Marrone meets the media prior to practice. https://t.co/LSxtFdwhYS
— #DUUUVAL (@Jaguars) December 12, 2018
• QB JOSH JOHNSON completed 11 of 16 (68.8 pct.) for 195 yards with 1 TD vs. 1 INT for 104.9 rating & had 45 rush yards & rush TD last week. QB MARK SANCHEZ has 75+ rating in his past 2 starts vs. Jax. Aims for his 4th in row vs. AFC South with TD pass.
• RB ADRIAN PETERSON has 3 rush TDs in his past 4. Has 350 rush yards (87.5 per game) with 2 TDs in his past 4 on road. In 3 career meetings, has 243 rush yards (81 per game) & 3 rush TDs. Aims for his 4th in row vs. Jax. with 75+ rush yards. Has 13,148 career rush yards & needs 112 to surpass HOFer ERIC DICKERSON (13,259) for 8th-most all-time. RB CHRIS THOMPSON has 20 catches with 308 scrimmage yards (102.7 per game) & TD catch in his past 3 vs. AFC. Has 10 TD catches since 2014, tied for 5th most among NFL RBs.
• WR JAMISON CROWDER had 87 rec. yards, incl. careerlong 79-yard TD catch last week. WR JOSH DOCTSON had 4 catches for 84 yards in Week 14. TE VERNON DAVIS has 9 receptions for 121 yards (60.5 per game) & 2 TDs in 2 career meetings. Aims for 3rd in row vs. Jax. with TD catch.
• LB RYAN KERRIGAN had sack in Week 14. In his past 8, has 8 sacks, 2 FFs & FR. Had career-high 4 sacks in only career meeting. LB MASON FOSTER had 6 tackles & INT last week. Had INT in only career meeting (12/11/11 with TB). Aims for his 3rd in row vs. AFC with 10+ tackles.
• QB CODY KESSLER completed 25 of 43 (58.1 pct.) for 240 yards with 1 TD vs. 0 INTs for 81.5 rating in Week 14. Has 90+ rating in 6 of his past 8 starts. In only career meeting (10/2/16 with Cle.), completed 28 of 40 (70 pct.) for 223 yards with 1 TD vs. 1 INT for 81.6 rating.
• RB LEONARD FOURNETTE has 100+ scrimmage yards & TD in 3 of his past 4. Has rush TD in 2 of his past 3 vs. NFC. In 8 career home games, has 699 scrimmage yards (87.4 per game) & 6 rush TDs. RB T.J. YELDON has 65+ scrimmage yards in each of his past 4 vs. NFC. Has 3 TDs (2 rec., 1 rush) in his past 5 at home.
• WR DEDE WESTBROOK led team with 7 catches & 88 rec. yards, incl. TD catch, in Week 14. Has rec. TD in 2 of his past 3. Aims for his 3rd in row vs. NFC with TD catch. WR KEELAN COLE has 320 rec. yards (64 per game) in his past 5 vs. NFC. WR DONTE MONCRIEF had 3 catches for 134 yards (44.7 avg.) & 2 TDs in his only career game vs. Was. (11/30/14 with Ind.).
• LB MYLES JACK had team-high 13 tackles & sack last week. Aims for his 3rd in row with 10+ tackles. DE CALAIS CAMPBELL aims for his 4th in row at home with sack. Had sack & FF in his last game vs. Was. (12/4/16 with Az.). Since 2017, is 1 of 6 in NFL with 25+ TFL (29) & 20+ sacks (21.5). LB TELVIN SMITH had 10 tackles last week. Aims for his 4th in row with 10+ tackles. Had sack in last meeting. Rookie S RONNIE HARRISON had 1st-career INT last week.
Thursday's injury list – it's a tiny bit better than yesterday. pic.twitter.com/fcsmOxwwQA
— TheHogSty (@TheHogSty) December 13, 2018
Cover Photo Courtesy @Redskins