When: Sunday November 4th @ 1 PM EST
Where: Fed Ex Field
Weather: Sunny & 58 degrees
TV: FOX5 Kevin Burkhardt, Charles Davis, Pam Oliver (Field reporter)
Line: Redskins -1.5 points, Over/Under 48 points
It is never too early to scout for the NFL draft and to help you prepare, LETS GO REDSKINS collects the most complete list of mock’s available online. Currently 34 are available to view HERE.
Daron Payne has delivered against the run so far this season. pic.twitter.com/EqFylBr7az
— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) November 1, 2018
The Redskins will look to win their fourth consecutive game and their third consecutive game at home when they host the Atlanta Falcons. Kickoff at FedExField is scheduled for 1 p.m. ET.
The Redskins hold a one-and-a-half game lead over the Philadelphia Eagles in the NFC East and enter the game with a 5-1 record against NFC opponents.
With a win over the Falcons on Sunday, the Redskins will have their best record through the first seven games of the season against NFC opponents since the 1991 campaign. In addition, with a win, Washington will move to a 6-2 record for the first time since 2008.
LEADER: Redskins lead all-time series, 14-9-1
STREAKS: Falcons have won past 5
LAST GAME: 10/11/15: Redskins 19 at Falcons 25
LAST GAME AT SITE: 10/7/12: Falcons 24, Redskins 17
The Redskins and Falcons kickoff a huge doubleheader on FOX, Sunday @ 1 PM. Most of the southern half of the USA will be watching the Burgundy and Gold defend their home turf (red on map below), with a nationwide audience treated to the Rams and Saints in New Orleans at 4 PM. Pittsburgh @ Baltimore is our 1 PM game on CBS.
Map Courtesy @506sports
Thursday Night: Oakland @ San Francisco (FOX/NFLN)
Sunday Night: Green Bay @ New England (NBC)
Monday Night: Tennessee @ Dallas (ESPN)
After yesterday's trade, the Washington Redskins now have two of the five highest graded safeties in the NFL this season. pic.twitter.com/ljPcjqF7WQ
— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) October 31, 2018
GAME 8 OPPONENT
The Atlanta Falcons enter the game on a two game win streak, and fresh off their bye week. Fourth year Head Coach Dan Quinn leads the 3-4 Falcons into their third matchup with the NFC East, which they are 1-1 against this season.
Quarterback Matt Ryan returns to lead the Falcons for his 11th season in the league. Ryan is off to a quick start for the Falcons, going 187-for-263 for 2,335 yards, 15 touchdowns and just two interceptions. Ryan currently owns a career high in completion percentage and the second highest passer rating of his career.
With star running back Devonta Freeman on injured reserve, Tevin Coleman has stepped up to lead the rushing attack. Coleman has rushed for 310 yards on 82 attempts for two touchdowns, while also recording 15 receptions for 137 yards and two touchdowns.
The Falcons own one of the most explosive passing attacks in the NFL, led by two-time first team All-Pro wide receiver Julio Jones. Jones has notched 53 receptions for 812 yards, but has been held out of the end zone so far this season. Rookie Calvin Ridley has stepped up in a big way, with 27 receptions for 392 yards and six touchdowns. Rounding out the receiving corps are veteran wide receiver Mohamed Sanu and tight end Austin Hooper. Sanu, has 24 receptions for 324 yards and three touchdowns, while Hooper has 33 receptions for 321 yards and two touchdowns.
On defense, second year safety Damontae Kazee has impressed, with 30 tackles and a team leading three interceptions. Second year defensive end Takkarist McKinley has also stepped up, with five and a half sacks in just six games, compared to six total sacks last season.
The Falcons have also dealt with a number of injuries on the defensive side, but are poised to get linebacker Deion Jones back in the coming weeks. Safety Keanu Neal also went down with a torn ACL earlier in the season.
Veteran kicker Matt Bryant is nine-for-nine from field goal ranger this year, but has dealt with his own injury issues and given way to kicker Giorgio Tavecchio, who hit a career long 56 yard field goal against the New York Giants in his Falcons debut.
Updated #Falcons depth chart has Zane Beadles as the backup RT. With three backup tackles now on the roster, I’m wondering if Schraeder is dealing with an undisclosed injury. Today’s practice report will be telling. pic.twitter.com/GTWjJHptoi
— Matt Karoly (@mattkaroly) October 31, 2018
WHAT THEY’RE SAYING
WATCH LIVE: Head coach Jay Gruden speaks to the media following practice Wednesday. https://t.co/7NHJGI5JTy
— Washington Redskins (@Redskins) October 31, 2018
WATCH LIVE: QB Alex Smith and S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix speak to the media Wednesday from Redskins Park. https://t.co/E5MxGVpAgX
— Washington Redskins (@Redskins) October 31, 2018
• QB ALEX SMITH is 3-1 with 5 TDs vs. 1 INT & 92.4 rating in 4 career home games with Was. Passed for 270 yards & 1 TD with 0 INTs for 125 rating in his last game vs. Atl. (12/4/16 with KC).
• RB ADRIAN PETERSON had 149 rush yards, incl. 64-yard TD run, & TD catch last week. Became oldest player (33 years, 221 days) in NFL history with 100+ rush yards & both rush & rec. TD in single game. Has 316 rush yards (105.3 per game) & 2 rush TDs in his past 3 at home. Has 442 scrimmage yards (147.3 per game) & 3 TDs (2 rush, 1 rec.) in 3 career games vs. Atl. RB CHRIS THOMPSON has 597 scrimmage yards (99.5 per game) & TD catch in his past 6 at home.
• WR PAUL RICHARDSON aims for his 3rd in row at home with TD catch. TE JORDAN REED has 4 rec. TDs in his past 6 vs. NFC South. Has 304 receptions in 59 career games & is 2nd fastest TE in NFL history (HOFer KELLEN WINSLOW, SR.) to reach 300 career catches.
• LB RYAN KERRIGAN had 1.5 sacks last week. Aims for 3rd in row with sack. Has 4 sacks & FF in past 5 at home. Has 3 sacks, FF & 28-yard INT-TD in 3 career games vs. Atl. S D.J. SWEARINGER had 2 INTs last week. Is only player in NFL to record 2 INTs in multiple games this season. Has 2 FFs, FR & sack in past 2 at home. Aims for 3rd in row at home with FF. CB JOSH NORMAN aims for 3rd in row at home with FF. DL MATT IOANNIDIS had career-high 2.5 sacks last week.
• QB MATT RYAN passed for 379 yards with 1 TD & 0 INTs for 115.7 rating in Week 7. Has 100+ rating in 5 of his past 6. Aims for 3rd in row with 300+ passing yards. Is averaging 290.7 pass yards per game in past 6 on road vs. NFC East. Since 2014, is 1 of 2 NFL QBs (DREW BREES) with 20,000+ passing yards (20,659).
• RB TEVIN COLEMAN had 82 scrimmage yards (50 rush, 32 rec.) & rush TD in Week 7. Aims for 3rd in row with TD. Has TD in 4 of his past 5 on road. Aims for 4th in row vs. NFC East with rush TD. Rookie RB ITO SMITH has rush TD in 3 of his past 4.
• WR JULIO JONES had 9 catches for 104 yards in Week 7. Has 15 receptions for 161 yards (80.5 per game) & TD in 2 career meetings. In 14 career games vs. NFC East, is averaging 109 rec. yards per game & has 8 TDs. Aims for his 10th in row with 5+ catches. Since entering league in 2011, leads NFL with 43 games of 100+ rec. yards. WR MOHAMED SANU has TD catch in 2 of his past 3. WR CALVIN RIDLEY leads rookie WRs & ties for 4th in NFL with 6 TD catches.
• DT GRADY JARRETT had 2 sacks in Week 7, his 1st career multi-sack game. DE TAKKARIST MC KINLEY
had sack in last game. Has 5.5 sacks in his past 6. Aims for 3rd in row vs. NFC East with sack. S DAMONTAE KAZEE has 22 tackles, 4 PD, 3 INTs & FF in his past 4. Aims for 5th in row with PD. CB ROBERT ALFORD has 60 PD since 2015, most in NFL. DL JACK CRAWFORD had sack in Week 7. Aims for 3rd in row with sack.
Thursday's injury report. The good news is that it's better than yesterday: pic.twitter.com/GZt07aogyX
— TheHogSty (@TheHogSty) November 1, 2018
— William McFadden (@willmcfadden) October 31, 2018
Cover Photo Courtesy @Redskins
— Darrell Green (@darrellgreen28) November 1, 2018