When: Sunday, Oct. 28 | 1:00 p.m. ET
Where: Met Life Stadium | East Rutherford, N.J.
Weather: Cloudy 53 with 10% chance of rain
TV: FOX5 Kenny Albert, Charles Davis, Pam Oliver (Field reporter)
Line: Even Over/Under 43.5 points
It is never too early to scout for the NFL draft and to help you prepare, LETS GO REDSKINS collects the most complete list of mock’s available online. Currently ten are available to view HERE.
Following back-to-back wins at FedExField, the Washington Redskins will look to remain atop the NFC East when they travel to face the New York Giants. Kickoff at MetLife Stadium is scheduled for 1 p.m. ET. The Redskins hold a one-and-a-half game lead over the Philadelphia Eagles and Dallas Cowboys and are 4-1 against teams in the NFC.
Sunday’s matchup between the Redskins and Giants will mark the 173rd overall meeting between the division rivals.
It will be the 171st regular season meeting between the two franchises. The Giants are the Redskins’ most common opponent. The Redskins trail the all-time series, 68-100-4.
LEADER: Giants lead all-time series, 99-67-4
STREAKS: Giants have won 2 of past 3
LAST GAME: 12/31/17: Redskins 10 at Giants 18
LAST GAME AT SITE: 12/31/17
Unless you live in the mountain west, you’ll be getting the Skins & Giants on FOX @ 1 PM (red on map) The FOX doubleheader features Green Bay & the Rams in Los Angeles @ 4 pm. As usual, we get the Ravens (@ Carolina) @ 1 PM on CBS.
Map Courtesy @506sports
Sunday Morning: Philadelphia vs Jacksonville (London) (9:30 AM ET; NFL Network
Sunday Night: New Orleans @ Minnesota (NBC)
Monday Night: New England @ Buffalo (ESPN)
GAME 7 OPPONENT
The New York Giants entered the 2018 NFL Season with a new head coach, after firing Ben McAdoo. Pat Shurmur took the position and returned to a head coaching role that he last filled in 2015 with the Philadelphia Eagles on an interim basis. The Giants have begun the season with a 1-6 record.
Eli Manning returns for his 15th season in the NFL, all of which have come with the Giants. Manning has missed just one game in the last fourteen seasons, and is a two time Super Bowl Champion. The veteran has begun the season going 185-for-268 for 2,061 yards, seven touchdowns and four interceptions.
Manning has had a number of explosive offensive players around him season, including the 2018 2nd overall pick, running back Saquon Barkley. Barkley is off to one of the best seasons among rookies in the NFL, with 98 rushes for 481 yards and five touchdowns, while also tallying 49 receptions for 424 yards and two touchdowns.
In addition to Barkley, Manning has the dynamic duo of Odell Beckham Jr. and Sterling Shepherd, to throw to. Beckham continues to be one of the electrifying receivers in the league, with 53 receptions for 649 yards and two touchdowns. Not to be out done, Shepherd is having a breakout campaign, notching 36 receptions for 508 yards and two touchdowns.
The tight end position has its own dynamic duo, with veteran Rhett Ellison and youngster Evan Engram. Engram has 12 receptions for 120 yards and a touchdown, while Ellison has 13 receptions for 117 yards and a touchdown.
On defense, the Giants are led by safeties Landon Collins and Janoris Jenkins, as well as linebacker Alec Ogletree. Collins has tallied a team high 57 tackles and a team high 40 solo tackles. Jenkins has notched 33 tackles, 6 passes defended and two interceptions. Ogletree, in his first season in New York, has recorded 31 tackles and an interception.
On special teams, second year kicker Aldrick Rosas is off to a strong start, going 15 of 16 from field goal range, including a long of 53 yards, good for a career long. Rosas is also a perfect 8-for-8 on PAT’s.
WHAT THEY’RE SAYING
WATCH LIVE: HC Jay Gruden and DC Greg Manusky speak to the media following practice Thursday. https://t.co/gBAEeQmwx9
— Washington Redskins (@Redskins) October 25, 2018
WATCH LIVE: Quarterback Alex Smith speaks to the media prior to practice Wednesday. https://t.co/4HmjkHN6mb
— Washington Redskins (@Redskins) October 24, 2018
— New York Giants (@Giants) October 26, 2018
QB Eli Manning discusses the latest trades and the team's mentality as it gets ready to take on the Redskins. pic.twitter.com/iVuygoaWpq
— New York Giants (@Giants) October 25, 2018
• QB ALEX SMITH has 7 pass TDs vs. 3 INTs for 96.6 rating in his past 6 vs. NFC East. In his past 3 on road, has 896 pass yards (298.7 per game) with 6 TDs vs. 1 INT for 105.7 rating & has rush TD. Has 100+ rating in 9 of his past 11 on road.
• RB ADRIAN PETERSON rushed for 99 yards last week. Aims for 3rd in row with 95+ rush yards. Had 104 rush yards & TD in his last meeting (12/27/15 with Min.). In his past 4 vs. NFC East, has 418 rush yards (104.5 per game) & 4 TDs. RB KAPRI BIBBS had rec. TD in Week 7. Has TD in 2 of past 3. Had career-high 8 receptions & 100 scrimmage yards (53 rec., 47 rush) in last meeting.
• WR JAMISON CROWDER had 7 catches for 141 yards & TD in 11/23/17 meeting. Has TD in 2 of his past 4 vs. NYG. WR PAUL RICHARDSON had 61 rec. yards & TD in last meeting (10/22/17 with Sea.). TE JORDAN REED had TD catch in his last game vs. NYG (1/1/17). Has 4 rec. TDs in his past 3 on road vs. division. Has 3 TD catches in his past 3 on road.
• LB RYAN KERRIGAN had 2 sacks, FF & PD last week. Has 4.5 sacks & 3 FFs in his past 5 on road vs. NFC East. Had 2 sacks & FF in last meeting. S D.J. SWEARINGER has sack, 2 FFs & FR in his past 2. Aims for 3rd in row with FF. Had 11 tackles & FF in last meeting. LB PRESTON SMITH had 1-yard FR-TD in Week 7, his 1st-career TD. Had INT in last meeting.
• QB ELI MANNING passed for 399 yards with 1 TD vs. 0 INTs for 113.8 rating in Week 7. Is averaging 335.3 pass yards per game in his past 3. In his past 10 home starts vs. Was., is 8-2 with 10 pass TDs.
• RB SAQUON BARKLEY (rookie) had 9 receptions, 94 scrimmage yards (51 rec., 43 rush) & rush TD last week. Ranks 2nd in NFL in scrimmage yards (905) & leads NFL RBs in catches (49) in 2018. Has TD in 6 of 7 career games. In 3 career home games, has 457 scrimmage yards (152.3 per game) & 3 rush TDs. Aims for 3rd in row vs. division with 100+ scrimmage yards.
• WR ODELL BECKHAM, JR. had 8 receptions for 143 yards & TD catch last week. Ties for 3rd in NFL in catches (53) & ranks 4th in rec. yards (649) in 2018. In 5 career meetings, has 40 receptions for 529 yards (105.8 per game) & 5 TDs. Has 3 TDs in his past 3 at home vs. NFC East. WR STERLING SHEPARD had 5 catches for career high 167 yards in Week 7. Had rec. TD in his last home
• LB OLIVIER VERNON has 4 sacks & 2 FFs in his past 5. Has 2.5 sacks in his past 2 meetings. Aims for 3rd in row vs. Was. with sack. CB JANORIS JENKINS had FF & PD in Week 7. Had 53-yard INT-TD in his last game vs. Was. (11/23/17). Has 7 INT-TDs since 2012, tied for most in NFL (AQIB TALIB). S LANDON COLLINS aims for his 5th in row with 8+ tackles.
Injury report for Wednesday. The list is long and distinguished for the Redskins and short for the Giants: pic.twitter.com/rrtmAGrSZW
— TheHogSty (@TheHogSty) October 24, 2018
Cover Photo Courtesy @Redskins
Eye on the Redskins: A complete breakdown of the Washington offense, defense and sepcial teams, presented by @NFLtixExchange.
— New York Giants (@Giants) October 25, 2018