The Washington Redskins will conclude their 2017 season on Sunday when the team travels to face the New York Giants at MetLife Stadium in Week 17. Kickoff is scheduled for 1 p.m. ET.
NFL DRAFT: For the latest, check our mock database, with 95 currently available. HERE
–Redskins trail all-time series, 68-99-4
–Redskins trail regular season series, 67-98-4
–Last meeting: Nov. 23, 2017 (20-10, WAS)
With the playoff picture still very much undecided, doubleheaders on both FOX and CBS this weekend. Once again, the Redskins showing only in home and opponent markets (green on map). Carolina @ Atlanta is the 4 PM game on FOX. On CBS, DC metro getting Cleveland @ Pittsburgh @ 1 PM, followed by Cincinnati @ Baltimore.
Map Courtesy 506sports
— JP Finlay (@JPFinlayNBCS) December 30, 2017
GAME 16 OPPONENT
The New York Giants enter Week 17 of the regular season with a 2-13 record and in fourth place in the NFC East. Steve Spagnuolo is the team’s Interim Head Coach following the dismissal of Ben McAdoo after Week 12.
Eli Manning is the team’s starter at quarterback in his 14th NFL season. This season, he has completed 342-of543 passes (63.0 percent) for 3,336 yards with 18 touchdowns and 12 interceptions.
Running back Orleans Darkwa leads the Giants in rushing this season, having posted 597 rushing yards on 151 carries including four touchdowns. Wayne Gallman has added 387 rushing yards on 96 carries.
Tight end Evan Engram leads the team in receptions (64) and receiving touchdowns (six). Wide receiver Sterling Shepard has recorded a team-high 731 receiving yards on 59 receptions and has recorded two receiving touchdowns.
Safety Landon Collins leads the Giants with a team-high 99 tackles (74 solo) through 15 games. Defensive end Jason PierrePaul has a team-high 7.5 sacks, while cornerback Janoris Jenkins, who was placed on the teams’ Reserve/Injured list on Nov. 29, leads the team in interceptions (three).
Aldrick Rosas handles kicking duties for the Giants, while Brad Wing handles the punting responsibilities. Rosas is 16-of-23 (69.6 percent) on field goal attempts this season. He is also 20-of-22 on PATs. Wing is averaging 44.5 yards per punt.
Kalif Raymond has been the team’s primary punt returner and kick returner since Dwayne Harris was placed on the team’s Reserve/Injured list. Raymond has averaged 3.8 yards on eight punt returns. He is also averaging 16.9 yards on 11 kick returns.
WHAT THEY’RE SAYING
— Washington Redskins (@Redskins) December 29, 2017
— Washington Redskins (@Redskins) December 27, 2017
• QB KIRK COUSINS passed for 299 yards & 3 TDs last week. Has 3,935 pass yards & needs 65 to reach 4,000 pass yards for 3rd consecutive season. Has 19 TDs vs. 4 INTs for 115 rating in past 7 on road vs. division. Since 2016, is 1 of 6 in NFL with 8,000+ pass yards (8,852) & 50+ pass TDs (52).
• RB SAMAJE PERINE (rookie) has 247 scrimmage yards (82.3 per game) & rush TD in his past 3 on road. Had 130 scrimmage yards (100 rush, 30 rec.) in last game vs. NYG.
• WR JAMISON CROWDER aims for 3rd in row with rec. TD. Had 7 receptions for career-high 141 yards & TD in last game vs. NYG. Has 21 catches for 331 yards (110.3 per game) & TD in past 3 vs. division. WR JOSH DOCTSON had 48-yard TD catch in Week 16. Aims for 4th in row vs. division with TD. WR RYAN GRANT led team with career high 85 rec. yards last week.
• LB RYAN KERRIGAN had 2 sacks in Week 16, his 12th career game with 2+ sacks. Has 11 sacks, his 3rd career season with 10+ sacks. Has 5 sacks in past 6 vs. NYG. Has 9.5 sacks, 2 FFs & INT-TD in past 9 vs. division. LB ZACH BROWN has 65 tackles (9.3 per game) & 2.5 sacks in his past 7 on road. Has 9+ tackles in 4 of his past 5 vs. NFC East. LB PRESTON SMITH has 3 sacks, INT, FF & FR in past 2. CB JOSH NORMAN has 4 PD in past 3 vs. NYG. CB BASHAUD BREELAND ties for 5th in NFC with 16 PD. Aims for 7th in row on road with PD. Has 5 PD & 96-yard INT-TD in past 3 on road.
QB ELI MANNING has 879 pass yards (293 per game) & 6 TDs vs. 2 INTs for 105.4 rating in past 3 at home vs. Was. Has 51,550 career passing yards & surpassed HOFer JOHN ELWAY (51,475) for 6th
• WR STERLING SHEPARD has 16 catches for 184 yards (92 per game) & TD in past 2. Has 100+ rec. yards & TD in 2 of his past 3 vs. NFC East. Had 73 rec. yards & TD catch in his last home game vs. Was. TE EVAN ENGRAM ties for NFL rookie lead with 6 rec. TDs & ranks 3rd with 64 catches & 722 rec. yards. Ranks 1st in franchise history among rookie TEs in TD catches & ranks 2nd in receptions & rec. yards.
• DE JASON PIERRE-PAUL had 2 sacks in last game vs. Was. Has 11.5 sacks, 4 FFs & 2 FRs in 11 career games vs.
Was., his most sacks vs. any opponent. Aims for 3rd in row at home vs. Was. with sack & FF. Has 5.5 sacks, 2 FFs & 4 PD in past 7 at home vs. division. DE OLIVIER VERNON aims for 3rd in row with sack & FF. Had 1.5 sacks in last game vs. Was. Has 4.5 sacks & FF in past 5 vs. NFC East. CB ROSS COCKRELL had 2 INTs last week, his 1st career game with 2 INTs. Has 5 PD in his past 3. Rookie DT DALVIN TOMLINSON had 1st career sack in last game vs. Was.
Questionable: Robert Davis, Ryan Kerrigan, Maurice Harris, Martrell Spaight, Kyle Kalis, Terrell McClain.
— Stephen Czarda (@SCzardaRedskins) December 29, 2017
— Washington Redskins (@Redskins) December 29, 2017
Cover Photo Courtesy Redskins.com
— Washington Redskins (@Redskins) December 28, 2017