— Washington Redskins (@Redskins) December 18, 2018
The Washington Redskins will close out their 2018 road schedule when they face the Tennessee Titans in Nashville. Kickoff is scheduled for 4:30 p.m. ET at Nissan Stadium.
Saturday’s game between the Redskins and the Titans will be the 13th meeting between the two franchises, dating back to the Titans’ originally joining the NFL in 1970 as the Houston Oilers following 10 seasons in the AFL.
With a win on Saturday, the Redskins can break the all-time series between the two teams at 6-6. The teams’ most recent meeting came in 2014 when the Redskins converted a 22-yard fi eld goal as time expired to earn a 19-17 win in Nashville.
Saturday will mark the Redskins’ first trip to Nashville since 2010 and only their fourth trip since the Titan’s relocation prior to the 1997 season.
LEADER: Series tied, 6-6
STREAKS: Redskins have won past 2
LAST GAME: 10/19/14: Titans 17 at Redskins 19
LAST GAME AT SITE: 11/21/10: Redskins 19, Titans 16 (OT)
While the Vikings-Lions is of interest locally, we get Bucs-Cowboys on FOX @ 1 PM on Sunday. The CBS doubleheader is Texans-Eagles in our market, followed by Pittsburgh @ New Orleans nationally.
Saturday Night: Baltimore @ LA Chargers (8:00 PM ET, NFL Network)
Sunday Night: Kansas City @ Seattle (NBC)
Monday Night: Denver @ Oakland (ESPN)
GAME 15 OPPONENTe
The Tennessee Titans enter the game having won three in a row and sit in the middle of the AFC playoff chase. Titans Head Coach Mike Vrabel is in his first season as an NFL head coach going 8-6 so far and winning five of their last seven games.
Quarterback Marcus Mariota has deal with injuries this year, but still completed 218-of318 passes for 2,418 yards, 11 touchdowns and eight interceptions. Mariota has given way to Blaine Gabbert in six different games and the veteran has thrown for 360 yards and two touchdowns over those games.
The Titans feature an explosive rushing attack, led by Derrick Henry. Henry has rushed 178 times for 882 yards and 11 touchdowns. Dion Lewis has had added another dimension to the team, with 152 rushes for 512 yards and a touchdown, plus 53 receptions 357 yards and a touchdown. Mariota has also aided the rushing attack with 350 yards rushing and two touchdowns of his own.
After a shaky rookie season, Corey Davis has become one of the most prolific receivers in the league. Davis has 57 receptions for 798 yards and four touchdowns and has lived up to his 5th overall selection in the 2017 NFL Draft. Taywan Taylor has aided Davis and Lewis, with 394 yards receiving on 32 catches.
Up front, defensive lineman Jurrell Casey has been electric, with seven sacks, 58 total tackles, 11 tackles for loss and two forced fumbles. Veteran linebacker Wesley Woodyard leads the team in tackles once again with 89, while young linebacker Jayon Brown has emerged with 78 tackles and six sacks.
In the secondary, Logan Ryan has led the way, with 76 tackles and four sacks. Last season’s first round pick Adoree’ Jackson has also stepped up, with 60 tackles and two interceptions. Veteran Malcolm Butler also has two interceptions, plus 58 tackles and a sack.
Veteran kicker Ryan Succop continues to enjoy success in his fifth season in Tennessee. Succop notched a career long kick of 54 yards this year, while also connecting on 23-of-27 field goals overall.
WHAT THEY’RE SAYING
WATCH LIVE: HC Jay Gruden and QB Josh Johnson speak to the media following practice Wednesday. https://t.co/SijrEBE0GJ
— Washington Redskins (@Redskins) December 19, 2018
— Tennessee Titans (@Titans) December 19, 2018
— Tennessee Titans (@Titans) December 18, 2018
• QB JOSH JOHNSON passed for 151 yards with 1 TD vs. 0 INTs for 93.9 rating last week. Earned 1st-career victory as starter & became 4th-oldest QB in SB era to record hs 1st win (32 years, 215 days). Aims for his 3rd in row with 90+ rating.
• RB ADRIAN PETERSON has 235 scrimmage yards (78.3 per game) & 2 rush TDs in 3 career meetings. Has 100+ scrimmage yards in 2 of 3 career games vs. Ten. In 7 road games this season, has 646 scrimmage yards (92.3 per game) & 4 TDs (3 rush, 1 rec.). RB CHRIS THOMPSON has 90+ rec. yards in 2 of his past 4 vs. AFC. Has 321 scrimmage yards (80.3 per game) & TD catch in his past 4 vs. AFC.
• WR JAMISON CROWDER has 133 rec. yards (66.5 per game) & TD in his past 2. TE JEREMY SPRINKLE had career-high 3 receptions & 2nd-career TD catch in Week 15. TE VERNON DAVIS has 85+ rec. yards in 2 of his past 4 on road vs. AFC. In 2 career meetings, has 14 catches for 164 yards (82 per game).
• LB RYAN KERRIGAN had 2 sacks & FF last week. Aims for his 3rd in row with 6+ tackles & sack. Has 6 sacks & FF in his past 4 vs. AFC. Has 2+ sacks in 3 of his past 4 vs. AFC. DL JONATHAN ALLEN had 2 sacks in Week 15, his 2ndcareer multi-sack game. Has 3 sacks & 5 TFL in his past 4. LB MASON FOSTER ranks 3rd in NFC with 115 tackles. Has 2 INTs & FR in his past 4 vs. AFC South.
• QB MARCUS MARIOTA has completed 94 of 141 (66.7 pct.) with 6 TDs vs. 3 INTs & 96.4 rating & had rush TD in 5 home games this season. Has 90+ rating in 5 of his past 6 at home. In past 4 at home vs. NFC, has 8 TDs vs. 2 INTs for 103.2 rating & rush TD.
• RB DERRICK HENRY had 170 rush yards & 2 TDs last week. Is 5th player since 2002 to record 170+ rush yards & 2+ TD runs in consecutive games. Has 408 rush yards & 6 TD runs in his past 2, both most by player in 2-game span in franchise history. Has 7 rush TDs in his past 3 at home. Aims for 4th in row at home with TD run. RB DION LEWIS has rush TD in 2 of his past 4 vs. Was. Is 1 of 2 AFC RBs (JAMES CONNER) with 500+ rush yards (512) & 50+ receptions (53) in 2018.
• WR COREY DAVIS has TD catch in 2 of his past 3 at home. Leads team with 57 receptions for 798 yards & 4 TDs. WR TAYWAN TAYLOR has 9 catches for 163 yards (81.5 per game) in his past 2 at home.
• DT JURRELL CASEY had FR in Week 15. Aims for his 3rd in row at home with sack & TFL. S KEVIN BYARD had sack, INT & 2 PD last week. Aims for his 3rd in row with sack. Since 2017, is 1 of 3 (XAVIEN HOWARD & DARIUS SLAY) with 10+ INTs (11) & 20+ PDs (22). CB MALCOLM BUTLER has 6 PD, sack & INT in 6 home games with Ten. LB WESLEY WOODYARD had INT in his last game vs. Was. (10/19/14).
Injury report for Thursday: pic.twitter.com/pj9E0XoGtj
— TheHogSty (@TheHogSty) December 19, 2018
Cover Photo Courtesy @Redskins
Our Redskins Pro Bowl Alternates:
TE Jordan Reed
P Tress Way
RB Adrian Peterson
CB Josh Norman
S DJ Swearinger Sr.
— Washington Redskins (@Redskins) December 19, 2018