When: Monday December 3 @ 815 PM
Where: Lincoln Financial Field
Weather: 61 with 40% thunderstorms
TV: ESPN Joe Tessitore, Jason Witten, Booger McFarland, Lisa Salters (Field reporter)
Line: PHI -6.5 O/U 45 points
The Washington Redskins will play on a national stage for a consecutive week when they travel to face the defending Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles in Week 13. Kickoff at Lincoln Financial Field is scheduled for 8:15 p.m. ET.
— NFL (@NFL) November 29, 2018
Monday’s game between the Redskins and the Eagles will mark the 167th overall meeting between the division rivals. This is the 166th regular season meeting between the two franchises, not including two meetings in 1943 when the Eagles merged with the Steelers to form the Phil-Pitt Steagles.
The Redskins lead the all-time regular season series 85-75-5. With exception of the 1943 season, the two teams have played a home-and-home series every year since 1936. Including a playoff win in 1990, the Redskins’ 86 combined victories against the Eagles are their most against any opponent.
LEADER: Redskins lead all-time series, 85-75-5
STREAKS: Eagles have won past 2
LAST GAME: 10/23/17: Redskins 24 at Eagles 34
LAST GAME AT SITE: 10/23/17
FOX Sports with the doubleheader on Sunday. Games in our market below:
1 PM: Chicago @ NY Giants (FOX)
1 PM: Baltimore @ Atlanta (CBS)
4 PM: Minnesota @ New England (FOX)
Sunday Night: Sunday Night: LA Chargers @ Pittsburgh (NBC)
GAME 12 OPPONENT
The defending Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles enter the game with a 5-6 record, but off a victory of the New York Giants. Head Coach Doug Pederson leads the Eagles in his third season in the top job, with a combined regular season record of 25-18. Pederson is also 3-0 in the postseason.
Quarterback Carson Wentz returns to the starting role after missing the last six games of 2018 (including the postseason) and first two games of this year because of a torn ACL in his left knee. Wentz has completed 230-of-330 passes for 2,540 yards, 16 touchdowns and six interceptions in nine game this season.
After the injury to starting running back Jay Ajayi after four games, the running game has been divided between a number of players. Undrafted rookie Josh Adams has impressed, leading the team with 56 attempts for 291 yards and two touchdowns in nine games. Wendell Smallwood has a team high 63 carries for 257 yards and a touchdown, while Corey Clement rounds out the group, with 62 carries for 236 yards and two touchdowns.
Tight End Zach Ertz continues to be the most consistent receiver on the Eagles roster, leading the team with 84 receptions, 895 yards and six touchdowns. Veteran Alshon Jeffery and Nelson Agholor provide Wentz with strong options, with Jeffery recording 40 receptions for 461 yards and four touchdowns, while Agholor has notched 47 receptions for 467 yards and a touchdown.
On defense, the Eagles boast an impressive front seven, with defensive ends Michael Bennett and Chris Long wreaking havoc in the backfield. Bennett has 6.5 sacks for 53.5 yards, as well as a team high 21 QB hits, and eight tackles for loss. Long has tallied 4.5 sacks for 29.5 yards, plus 13 QBH’s and 2 TFL’s.
Linebackers Jordan Hicks and Nigel Bradham have led the way in tackles, with Hicks boasting a combined 85 tackles (58 solo) and three sacks. Bradham has 63 tackles (45 solo), plus two sacks.
In the secondary, Malcolm Jenkins continues to set the tone for the team, tallying 62 tackles (50 solo), one interception, seven passes defensed and three forced fumbles. In addition, Ronald Darby leads the team with 12 passes defensed, to go along with 43 tackles (39 solo) and one interception.
Kicker Jake Elliott is in the midst of his second NFL season and is a perfect 21-for-21 on extra points this year. Elliott has hit a season long 56 yard field goal and is 17-for-21 on field goals overall.
WHAT THEY’RE SAYING
WATCH LIVE: Head coach Jay Gruden speaks to the media following practice Friday. https://t.co/55muEI6SqJ
— Washington Redskins (@Redskins) November 30, 2018
WATCH LIVE: QB Colt McCoy speaks to the media prior to practice Wednesday. https://t.co/2fMZwihW4S
— Washington Redskins (@Redskins) November 28, 2018
Watch now as head coach Doug Pederson meets with the media. https://t.co/9Wyy5krgg0
— Philadelphia Eagles (@Eagles) December 1, 2018
Watch live as quarterback Carson Wentz meets with the media. https://t.co/mmrpxbOmrz
— Philadelphia Eagles (@Eagles) November 29, 2018
• QB COLT MC COY passed for 268 yards & 2 TDs in Week 12. Has 90+ rating in 2 of 4 career games vs. NFC East. In his past 4 road starts, has 998 pass yards (249.5 per game) with 5 TDs vs. 4 INTs for 93.5 rating & has rush TD.
• RB ADRIAN PETERSON has 252 rush yards (84 per game) & TD in his past 3 on road. Rushed for 118 yards & TD in his last game vs. Phi. (12/28/10 with Min.). Has 105 career rush TDs & needs 2 TDs to surpass HOFer JIM BROWN (106) for 5th-most rush TDs in NFL history. RB KAPRI BIBBS had rush TD last week. Has rush TD in 2 of his past 3 on road. Has 2 TDs (1 rush, 1 rec.) in his past 3 vs. division.
• TE JORDAN REED had 8 catches for 64 yards & 2 TDs in last meeting. Has 4 rec. TDs in his past 4 vs. Phi. Has 2+ TD catches in 2 of his past 5 on road vs. division. TE VERNON DAVIS had 73 rec. yards & TD last week. Rookie WR TREY QUINN had 1st-career rec. TD last week.
• LB RYAN KERRIGAN has 7 sacks, 2 FFs & FR in his past 6. His 7 sacks since Week 7 are tied for 2nd-most in NFL over span. In his past 4 vs. Phi., has 4.5 sacks, 10 QBHs, 2 FFs & 24-yard INT-TD. Aims for his 3rd in row at Phi. with FF. LB PRESTON SMITH had career-high 8 tackles & 1.5 sacks in Week 12. Aims for his 4th in row with sack. Has 5.5 sacks & FF in 6 career games vs. Phi. CB JOSH NORMAN had 6 tackles, FF & PD last week. Has 2 FFs in his past 3 vs. NFC East. Since 2014, is only NFL player with 10+ INTs (11) & 10+ FFs (11). Aims for his 4th in row on road vs. division with PD.
• QB CARSON WENTZ passed for 236 yards with 1 TD vs. 0 INTs for 108.6 rating last week. Has 100+ rating in 6 of his past 7. Had 268 pass yards with 4 TDs vs. 1 INT for 126.3 rating in last meeting. Has 300+ pass yards in 2 of his past 3 vs. Was. In his past 3 at home vs. division, has completed 69 of 97 (71.1 pct.) for 864 yards (288 per game) with 7 TDs vs. 2 INTs for 113.9 rating.
• RB JOSH ADAMS (rookie) rushed for career-high 84 yards & TD in Week 12. Aims for his 3rd in row with rush TD. Has 65+ scrimmage yards in 3 of his past 4. RB COREY CLEMENT had 76 scrimmage yards (45 rush, 31 rec.) last week. Had TD catch in only career meeting.
• TE ZACH ERTZ led team with 7 catches for 91 yards & TD in Week 12. Ties for 3rd in NFL in receptions (84) & ranks 2nd among NFL TEs in rec. yards (895) in 2018. His 84 receptions are most by TE in single season in franchise history. In his past 3 vs. Was., has 23 catches for 294 yards (98 per game) & TD. WR ALSHON JEFFERY has 4 TD catches in his past 6 vs. NFC East. Has 90+ rec. yards in 3 of his 5 career games vs. Was.
• S MALCOLM JENKINS had 6 tackles, FF & INT in Week 12. In his past 5, has 5 PD, 2 FFs, FR & INT. Has sack & 64- yard INT-TD in his past 4 vs. Was. DE CHRIS LONG has 3.5 sacks in his past 4. DE MICHAEL BENNETT has 5.5 sacks & FF in his past 6. Aims for his 4th in row at home with sack. Has sack in 2 of his past 3 meetings.
The Redskins didn't send out a formal injury report today for some reason, so here's what Jay said about it at his presser today: pic.twitter.com/k0FkxYIA5p
— TheHogSty (@TheHogSty) December 1, 2018
Cover Photo Courtesy @Redskins